Monday, January 25, 2010

Back to Work




Well, the dreaded day has come. I should not complain, because at least I have a job. That being said, I hated knowing that I had to go back to work. Don't get the wrong impression, I love what I do, but I just wish I didn't have to leave my Angel. I just want to be with her all the time. I have the hardest time thinking she is not going to be okay unless I am with her.


Anxiety was high, but I made it through the day, and so did Kaidance. I had a lot of help from my mom, Ashlee. They came and stayed with Kaidance from two-thirty in the morning until Eric got home from work at around eight. I know I wouldn't be able to function if I didn't have such a good family! Eric probably thinks I am crazy, but I call OFTEN to check on what they are doing and if she is eating, sleeping, sneezing, and anything else. HAHA. I just can't help it.


All in all, I made it through my first day back at work. I hate to admit it, but it really wasn't all that bad. I love my job, and I love being there for others, but the fact that I have to be away from Kaidance is difficult for me to handle.


Well, I just hope things get a little better every shift, or else I may have an anxiety attack.


Wish me luck with my crazy two jobs, school and family life.

5 comments:

Andy and Michelle said...

Nat, I know the feeling. It does get alot better but those first shifts are really hard. Maybe I will see you now here at work. She sure is cute!!

*Kristin* said...

I am sorry you had to leave your princess! But you are so talented with what you do and she will look up to you for all your hard work! And Eric is such a great dad and they will miss you so much but you are a great nurse and life will be good!! Love you guys and miss you!!

Tina said...

I am so sorry. That is such a hard day. After a while you get used to it. You will find that it is a much needed break!

Jesse and Mindi said...

I worked on ICU today and they told me you had come back! It's so hard to leave!!! But yes, it definitely gets better each day! I still hate to leave Hunter, but we just do what we have to od. Hopefully I get to work with you soon. I'm glad you survived your first day!

Christina Olson said...

Sorry Nat! It's the hardest thing in the world! I hope it will get better for you!