Sunday, October 23, 2011

Binki is "Broken"

Our Sleeping Beauty! Taking up the whole bed! (and the blankets!)

It has officially been 1 week since I took Kaidance's Binki away. I cut them and told her they were broken. She has done so well with it, I can't believe I was dreading it so much. She takes a little longer to take her naps and go to sleep at night, but she has been so amazing through it. About once a day she will ask for Binki! It is cute, I tell her they are broken and see will say, " I see it?" She makes me laugh.

The first night I walked around rocking her to sleep and it was a blessing. I miss my baby and that was really what I needed. She made me realize I need to slow down and enjoy her more. At night we tickle her back, face or belly until she falls asleep.

Yesterday she was playing and she had a conversation with herself. It went something like this:

"A Binki?" "No, it broken." "Mom Broke it." "I see it?" "Mom says I big." "K"


It was the cutest thing! I just watched and listened in amazement. I can't believe she said all of that! She is getting to be so big!


It is her Birthday on the 2nd. Can't wait for the party! We are doing a lavender cupcake theme! It is going to be a blast!

No comments: