Saturday, June 13, 2009

What was that?

So, some of you might not want to read about this, but I had to post it. Yesterday is going to be a day I remember forever. I was able to feel our baby move. It was the most exciting thing in the entire world. I was lying in bed, trying to sleep in and all of the sudden something felt weird in my lower abdomen. Then it happened again. I put my hand down on my abdomen and I could feel something hard. It was so amazing that I just had to cry. I woke Eric up and let him know. I am so grateful for all of this. Eric has been so wonderful. I never would have imagined him to be this wonderful. I love how supportive he is and how great he always makes me feel. After I got up and got going I had to call both of my parents and my siblings to let them know the wonderful news. They all probably think I am crazy, because I was crying when telling the story, but hey, what can you expect from a hormonal, ecstatic new first time mother?

In other news, Eric and I went shopping today for my friend Ashley. She had her baby shower today, and is having her first child in a month. So, we went to Khols, and it is seriously the worst/best place in the world. I always end up buying so many different outfits for our child. It is so fun, and I seriously can't stop. I think I have a problem. Eric had to drag me out of the store. I just kept finding more and more things that I liked. So, to make a long story short, we left 200 dollars later. HAHA!
Well, I keep having dreams about having our baby and not having all the stuff I need for him/her. I feel like an awful parent when I wake up, so then I have to go buy more stuff. I know, I am crazy, but again, I blame it on the hormones.
Eric keeps bugging me about taking a picture of my pregnant belly. I am not so sure. I think I will regret it if I don't, but I think I am the worlds largest pregnant lady, especially at only 20 weeks.
Actually we have our big ultrasound on Wed. the 17th, so Maybe if I am feeling brave, I will post pictures of me and the baby then.
Sorry this post is so long, I just feel like I have a lot to say.

3 comments:

Jesse and Mindi said...

You're too cute!! That seriously is the funnest things to feel the baby move. Just wait until you have him/her, you're gonna miss it so much! And I definitely think you should post some pictures because you look so cute. Even if you don't post them, make sure you take some so you can see the changes. I wish I would have taken more. And I totally agree that Kohl's is a good/bad place. I always find things to buy in there and they're always a good deal.

Kirsha said...

Your just like I was!!!! I think when you have waited/wanted to have a baby for so long you can't help but be amazed at all the little mile stones that happen to both you and the baby!!! Enjoy every minute you can feel that little one in your belly cause when it is all done you really will miss feeling the little life inside! take pics cause you will be sad when you look back and dont have any to put in the baby book! you are so so cute and I can't wait to see this little baby...I hope I am working when you come in!

Tina said...

Isn't it a great feeling to feel the baby inside? I always try to picture exactly what they are doing in there! From experience, you will really regret not having pictures of your pregnancy (I think I took 1 or 2 pictures throughout my first pregnancy, and am really sad about it). Just do it, and if you hate how you look in them, you don't have to show anybody, but you will have them for memories sake! Good luck with the ultrasound!