Monday, May 31, 2010

My poor, sick baby!




Kaidance has been sick for about 4 days now. I feel so bad for her. I can't imagine being so tiny and feeling awful. She is such a trooper, though I know she feels horrible.


It started on Thursday. She had a fever of 100.1 and she was really crabby. I suspected she was getting teeth. She had a clear runny nose and was drooling a lot.


Then through the weekend her nose seemed to be really congested but runny at the same time. She has had a cough and is not eating. I have been worried about her getting dehydrated, but she still seems to be doing okay. She really won't eat much, so I have just been watching her real close. Each night I think I might take her into see a doc in the morning, but I just keep watching her. We have been giving her Tylenol and Motrin pretty much around the clock. Poor little girl. I even called in sick for work today because she hasn't been able to breath very well, her temp remains elevated and she is not sleeping.


Now, Eric and I are also getting sick. It has really been a rough few days at our home. All I can say is that I hope my little Rooie gets better quick.


Oh, and I think Kaidance officially hates me for sucking out her nostrils with the bulb syringe. She dislikes that thing more than anything in the world. I hope she will one day forgive me!


It is so difficult to have a child not feel well. I just wish there was something more I could do for her. I am just praying that she does not have, or get an ear infection with all of this.


Well, hope everyone had a happy Memorial day.

1 comment:

Morton Family said...

Sick kids is the worst! The snot getter is a two person job at our house. Hope she feels better soon!