Thursday, July 23, 2009

New Job!

No, I am not quitting work in the ICU. But, as I have mentioned in post before, I would really like to do nursing education. I am going back to school in August and starting the Master's program in Nursing education at Weber.
So, I had an interview at Bridgerland for a clinical instructor for the LPN program. I was offered the job today, and I could not refuse it. I am so excited for this job opportunity. I know it is going to open so many doors for my career. I have mentioned that my long term goals were to teach nursing school at Bridgerland, and this is just my wonderful begining!
I love being a nurse in the ICU, but I also have been wanting to teach nursing for awhile.
I am so happy to be doing this. I will only work doing clinicals with the LPN students one day a week. I am going to continue to work in the ICU full time, I couldn't give that up. I know I am going to be a busy girl, but I know it will all be worth it.

5 comments:

Jesse and Mindi said...

Well, I was very wooried that you were leaving the hospital, so I'm glad you're not, because I would miss you!! I'm SOOOOO excited for you though!!!! That just works out so well for you. Isn't it funny how things just fall into place? You are definitely going to be busy, but your a go getter! CONGRATS!!!!!!

Morton Family said...

Congrats!

Cartas said...

Nat it's amazing at how busy you keep yourself! :) you're going to be a great mommy, and Eric a wonderful dad! Good luck and congrats on the new job :)

*Chelsey* said...

That's awesome Natalie!! CONGRATS

*Kristin* said...

I am so happy for you! We are both proud of you! You will be an amazing teacher!!