Thursday, November 12, 2009

We are HOME!

Meet my Princess, Kaidance.
Isn't she just the most amazing girl you have ever seen?

This is us sleeping. l Don't mind how sick I look.


This is one of my favorite.



Princess Kaidance sleeping in her bili lights.




We were able to come home from the hospital on Sunday, the 8th, as a new little family. It was almost as if it wasn't real. I think we both had been waiting for this day, but it seemed as if it would never happen.

Kaidance had to be on bili lights at home, but that is something we could deal with. We are thankful for the hospital and being able to stay there the week Kaidance was there, but I hated every minute of it. Everyday, I would tell Eric that I hated it there. I know it might have been my emotions getting the best of me, but I felt like I was going crazy. Having a sick child is something I don't know how parents deal with. I was an emotional, crazy wreck. I had to really lean on Eric, my family and friends to get me through this last couple of weeks.

As of right now, Kaidance is off the bili lights. She is doing okay, but we have been having to go to the lab to get her blood drawn daily. She continues to go up on her bili counts, so we have to watch them closely. I am hoping we don't have to go back to the bili bed, but I guess we will do whatever it takes to get her better.

She is a princess and I just can't help but sit and stare at her. I cannot believe I am a mom. I can only hope that I can be the best for her. She deserves the world, and I am willing to work my hardest to make her life the best it can possibly be.

Eric is the best with her. I love to watch them together. She loves her dad and she sure knows his voice.

Well, thanks to everyone for your wonderful comments, thoughts and prayers. I will keep everyone updated on Kaidance's progress. I just can't wait to get rid of the silly blood draws and lab visits.

13 comments:

Christina Olson said...

Wow, Kaidance is absolutely beautiful!!! I am so glad you are home. I would be the same way if I had a sick baby, it would be so hard!
I'm a huge fan of the huge headbands, they are awesome. Congrats again, I love hearing updates and seeing pics!

Angie said...

She is just beautiful!!! I'm glad she is doing well and I hope it continutes for you. We can't wait to meet her!

*Kristin* said...

She is the cutest!! I miss her so much you look like you are having so much fun with her! I will see you guys soon! We love you!!
Love: Jess and Kristin

Jesse and Mindi said...

YAY that you're home!!! I'm so sorry she was in the NICU for a week. It is hard to have a sick child. It sounds like she's improving though. I hope the labs draws stop soon too! That's the worst as a parent. She is beautiful and you look great!! Keep the pics and updates coming! Congratulations again!!

Lauren said...

She is beautiful! Glad all is going well. There is nothing like being a mom, huh? It is the best feeling in the entire world and I wouldn't change it for anything. It's amazing the love you feel for them. Can't wait for more pics!

MacElwee Family said...

Sounds like life is crazy, but good. I am so happy that Kaidance is home. She is beautiful!! I was going to come out and see her when you stopped by, but Scotlin and I have been a little sick. We will soon. I love her pictures, she is amazing!

Cartas said...

She is where she belongs now! What a cute family!! She will get better soon, the DR's know what they are doing, I can't relate to seeing your child sick, but I do know it must be hard, but you and Eric are strong people, and we all know you will do anything to get her better. I"m so glad she's home now with you. Can't wait to see you guys! When you're ready :) Take it easy!!!

Kasey Williams said...

I'm so happy you guys are home with her! She is so beautiful! Love you!

Desi and Jess said...

She is such a cute little girl!

Cassidy said...

keep the pics coming. She is so beautiful!! So cute. I love the pic of you two sleeping, it looks like she is holding your hand. The bili lights suck but like you said at least you are home. The hospital feels more like a jail then anything. Can't wait to see more pics.

Cassidy said...

keep the pics coming. She is so beautiful!! So cute. I love the pic of you two sleeping, it looks like she is holding your hand. The bili lights suck but like you said at least you are home. The hospital feels more like a jail then anything. Can't wait to see more pics.

Jena and Gregg said...

I love her so much. She is absolutely the most beautiful baby i have ever seen. And shes lucky to have such great parents too. Love you guys and we are so happy for you.

Tina said...

I am so glad that things are going well. She is darling! Can't wait to come and see her! I will call you and set a day that I can bring dinner over and visit!