Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Baby Happenings.

Well, I debated on posting this or not, but I thought I would want to have it written down, so here it goes. Please feel free to skip over this post if you are not interested in my doctor happenings.
Eric and I went to the doctor on Monday. It was just a normal weekly check up. I wasn't even sure anything was different, other than I haven't been feeling all that great lately. But, when the nurse checked my blood pressure she was surprised. It was 149/95. I almost feel off the chair. I was sure it wasn't that high. Thus, she re-checked it and it was little better, but not much. So, it was off to our room to see the doctor. When he came in he assessed my swelling and I think I sure surprised him with how awful my legs are. I then had to assure him, "these are not my legs or feet." HAHA. Honestly, my legs and feet are probably about four times their normal size. They are very swollen and disgusting.
But, anyway. Next he decided to check me. He told me that I was 80% effaced and a 2. I was thinking that wasn't that big of a deal, but he reminded me that I am further along than most, at this point. At that time he also stripped my membranes. (Let me warn all of you, that was VERY painful). I had no idea it was going to be that painful. I feel bad for Eric, because I think he was also very surprised.
So, the doc told us that he is hoping I go into labor on my own this week. I don't know if that is going to happen, but geeze, I haven't been feeling very good. He also told us that if we haven't had our little babe by our appointment next week that he would have to start us. (Unless I have a significant decrease in my swelling and blood pressure).
So, I guess that means we are going to have our little one here with us within the next week. We are both extremely ecstatic, but nervous at the same time.
Wish us luck, and we will keep everyone posted. We can also use any advice anyone has to offer!
Hopefully our next post will have our beautiful babe in it!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I hope all goes well with you and the baby and delivery. I'm excited to see the baby! Good Luck!

Cassidy said...

you are dang right you have to post this post. I had the same thing (high blood pressure) with brody, I didn't go into labor naturally so they started me. I just felt crappy like you described. You will do great. I can't wait to see the little guy/girl. I am wishing you go naturally so i won't have to wait for a week. :)

Kirsha said...

woot woot this is very exciting news!!! I just hope that I am there to help take care of you and this cute little one!! I work sun-tue nights so if I am not there make sure you tell everyone that you are my buddy and they will be sure to take extra good care of you!!!! take it easy and rest a little before this baby gets here!

Christina Olson said...

I just got soooo excited for you!!! I don't know if I would have my membranes stripped again (I had it done twice with Maya) It made me feel terrible and hurt like you know what. I can't wait to see your little babe!!!

Jesse and Mindi said...

I'm so glad to hear the news. Well, not that you don't feel well and that your BP is high, but you're gonna have a baby within a week!! I worked today and was asking if anyone new the latest with you! Good luck with everything!! I'm so excited for you!! I can totally relate with the swelling, I had like 5+ pitting edema, okay I know there's not 5, but I was huge. My brother's nicknamed me intelligel and would push on my feet. You gotta love the pregnant body!! Good luck!! Can't wait to see that cute little boy or girl!!!

Cartas said...

Oh yes, yes, yes!! How exiting! Sorry that you're in pain and uncomfortable, but just think in a week you'll be holding the best gift ever!!!! Let us know if there is anything we can do for you guys!!